John Bolton has been a broadcaster for 25 years, most recently in Cornwall Ontario. After living in Ontario his entire life John and his wife Sheila recently moved to Alberta where John fills in on Calgary radio discussing politics, current events and all things Alberta. He believes in personal responsibility, limited government and being able to keep more of the money he earns. If you have questions or wish to contact John, you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jimmy Mac may be part of an Ontario PC majority before too long
John R. Bolton
Timing is everything in politics. It looks like SDSG MPP Jim McDonell may have got his timing right. The way things are going Jimmy Mac may be part of a PC majority before too long.
When will Progressive Conservative leader Tim Hudak decide it's time to try to pull the plug on Daddy Dalton?
Strathmore - March 15, 2012 - Do you get the feeling the robocall incident is being blown out of proportion because Liberal and NDP supporters think any election they don’t win is illegitimate?
- A poll says Conservative Party voters don't seemed too concerned over the robocall kerfuffle. Their support for their party remains constant. Can you really blame them? Look at the alternative - Liberals.
- In other big federal political news. The NDP had another leadership debate the other day. Yawn.
- Dalton McGuinty's cure for the things that ail Ontario. More taxes. Only they won't be called taxes, they'll be passed off as something else (haven't we heard this before?). That's right Ontari-owe, you'll soon be paying more for drivers’ fees, licence fees, examination fees, trailer fees, renewal fees, license photo fees and any other fee you can think of. Don't forget to turn out the lights when the last person leaves the province.
- Speaking of lights in Ontario. Are yours costing you more these days? If they are, don't read the following sentence. In one hour last Sunday, Ontario paid its neighbours (mostly New York and Michigan) over $214,000 to take its surplus energy.
- For the people who skipped the last sentence, everything is sunshine and lollipops.
- Timing is everything in politics. It looks like SD&SG MPP Jim McDonell may have got his timing right. The way things are going Jimmy Mac may be part of a PC majority before too long.
- When will Progressive Conservative leader Tim Hudak decide it's time to try to pull the plug on Daddy Dalton? When it happens, will NDP leader Andrea Horwath be too dumb to assist giving it a yank?
- Alberta has its share of spending stupidity. More specifically the City of Calgary. Later this month the city will finally open the new Peace Bridge over the Bow River. The pedestrian walkway cost the taxpayers of Calgary $25 million dollars! To put that amount into perspective, the Benson Centre in Cornwall cost about $32 million.
- In the battle of provincial weather prognosticators it looks like Ontario's Wiarton Willie beats Alberta's Balzac Billy by a nose. Both provinces have lovely weather well in advance of the first day of spring, but Billy got it wrong.
- Don't you wish human weather prognosticators got the weather forecast right 50% of the time?
- I missed that special on chickens the other day on the 401.
- Speaking of chickens on the highway. Calgary radio picked up the story on Thursday morning as part of its morning news package. Cornwall was mentioned.
- Okay... I admit it.... I am Pierre Poutine.
8,374 Stories & Growing Daily...
To date OurHometown.ca has posted a total of 8,374 stories! News, sports, hockey, lifestyle, opinion and more!