John Bolton has been a broadcaster for 25 years, most recently in Cornwall Ontario. After living in Ontario his entire life John and his wife Sheila recently moved to Alberta where John fills in on Calgary radio discussing politics, current events and all things Alberta. He believes in personal responsibility, limited government and being able to keep more of the money he earns. If you have questions or wish to contact John, you can email him at email@example.com
Mulcair - I hope you are a successful failure in everything you do from here on in
John R. Bolton
Belated congratulations to comrade Thomas Mulcair for his win in the NDP leadership race. The congratulations begin and end there. I hope you are a successful failure in everything you do from here on in.
Strathmore - March 29, 2012 - It has been a fun week in Alberta, but I've had my eyes on Cornwall. Here are a few of the things that have had my attention in Ontario, Alberta and abroad.
- The City of Cornwall is spending $20,000 on 'design work' for proposed soccer fields at the Benson Centre. I was wondering how much design work is needed to put in a big rectangle?
- With the Ontario Tourism office slated to close, would it make sense for Cornwall & Seaway Valley Tourism to move to the vacated office on Brookdale Avenue? The old jail is cool, but C&SVT might reach more tourists if they go where they’re most likely to be found.
- A few quick thoughts on the Ontario budget.
1. The group 'Working Families' (unions) pumped millions into the Liberal campaign last fall. Now Dalton and his minions have declared war on them. I have two closing sentences for this post. 1. You reap what you sow. 2. Ha ha ha hahaha ha hahaha!
2. The Liberals actually made the right call by freezing public service wages. They missed the boat by not slashing government jobs.
3. The Drummond Report suggested eliminating all day kindergarten (aka subsidized daycare). The Libs ignored it. Apparently all that extra nappy time and finger painting will give kids a head start in life.
- Alberta voters go to the polls on April 23rd. Alberta has its problems, but compared to the mess of Ontario, this is child's play.
- Is it ever nice to know the Liberal Party in Alberta has no chance of winning the election. It's something that should be mandatory in all provinces.
- I’m coming to Alberta at an interesting time. The Wildrose Party (leading in the polls as I write this) has a chance to kick the governing PC’s out of office after 40 years in power.
- I found out I'm not eligible to vote in Alberta. You have to live here for 6 months before you can vote. I'm going to come up a few months short. I'll still be attending debates and following it closely.
- Belated congratulations to comrade Thomas Mulcair for his win in the NDP leadership race. The congratulations begin and end there. I hope you are a successful failure in everything you do from here on in.
- Just think of all the things we have to look forward to if the NDP ever do get power. Wealth redistribution, cap and trade, high taxes, increased spending, larger deficits, more pandering to Quebec, stifling environmental regulations, more pandering to unions, increased unemployment, more ”green jobs” nonsense. All reasons to disregard the party in any election.
- As I write this the country is awaiting the federal budget. Cuts are expected and that’s as it should be. It will help dig us out of the Keynesian nightmare the opposition party’s urged us to get into.
- On the heels of the tragic killing of a young black man in Florida, the media in the United States created a whole new race of people. White Hispanics. All the better to fan the flames for the race baiters of the American left.
- It turns out George Zimmerman, the man who shot Trayvon Martin in Florida, was a registered Democrat. According to leftist thinking, this makes all Democrats racists.
- The Ontario court has swept aside many of Ontario's prostitution laws, saying the law put women who sell their bodies in danger because they can't protect themselves. I would argue laying down with strange men for money is the thing that puts these women in danger, not the law.
- It's pretty sad when society normalizes being a whore. Oh sorry, that should be sex trade worker.
- A new study confirms the Earth was warmer during the Medieval Warm Period approximately one thousand years ago. Scientists came to the conclusion by studying core samples. There's no word on whether the scientists dug up any SUV's or coal fired power plants during their study.
- Don't forget about the 60 minutes starting at 8:30pm on Saturday night... it's a special time. That's right, it's 'Human Achievement Hour'. So celebrate by turning on all of your lights, idling your car and charging all of your gadgets. Spend an hour and bask in glory of the very things that extend your life, give you freedom and make life easier. That's 8:30pm on Saturday. The rest of you can sit in the dark and sing Kumbaya.
- A similarity between Alberta and Ontario? In Ontario you go from people hoping the Leafs will scramble their way into the playoffs (they didn't) to Alberta where people hope the Flames will.
- Tiger Woods finally won a golf tournament after a three year drought. Some say he's the greatest golfer of all time. Not me, I would go with Jack Nicklaus. Not only was he a great golfer, he was and is a gentleman. Something that cannot be said of Woods.
- Last Friday night I couldn't understand why my mouth was watering. Then I remembered, the Kinsmen Club held their annual pizza party. They raised a remarkable $14,000. Congratulations! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go order a pie.
- Talk to you next week.
8,374 Stories & Growing Daily...
To date OurHometown.ca has posted a total of 8,374 stories! News, sports, hockey, lifestyle, opinion and more!