John Bolton has been a broadcaster for 25 years, most recently in Cornwall Ontario. After living in Ontario his entire life John and his wife Sheila recently moved to Alberta where John fills in on Calgary radio discussing politics, current events and all things Alberta. He believes in personal responsibility, limited government and being able to keep more of the money he earns. If you have questions or wish to contact John, you can email him at email@example.com
Can we retroactively fire former CAO Cecil Vincent?
John R. Bolton
Someone else at the City of Cornwall should have lost their job over the $293,000 Settlement with Robert Menagh. $293,000 represents more than a half percent on your taxes. Can we retroactively fire former CAO Cecil Vincent? Didn't he hire the guy?
- The Conservative government recently upped the amount of duty free goods Canadians can bring back from trips to the United States. I'm wondering what MP Guy Lauzon has to say about the story above?
- We all talk about buying local, but would anyone spend more when they could save a bundle buying it online or in Montreal, Ottawa or stateside? Come on, be honest.
- I don't object to the fee to cross the low level bridge as much as I object to having a toll booth located right on the waterfront. Driving or cycling non-stop to Cornwall Island seems appealing to me.
- Whether you pay for upkeep for the bridge as you cross it, or later with your tax dollars, you're going to pay for it.
- Are we getting the old bait and switch by The Federal Bridge Corporation? According to a photo posted on October 28th, 2011 on the North Channel Bridge Replacement website, there is no toll booth. Are they allowed to just make this up as they go along?
- There were kudos all around at Monday's city council meeting over Cornwall's healthy bank account. Thanks go to those council members who were around when Cornwall Electric was sold. Those that were involved in the sale should take a bow... the rest should kiss their feet.
- Has it really been 14 years since Cornwall Electric was sold?
- The Children's Treatment Centre Bike-a-thon Plus is coming up on Saturday May 26th. Get a pledge sheet and take a ride for the kids. I'm riding in the Bike-a-thon this year, but I'm doing it from Cochrane into Banff (103kms). I would really appreciate it if you could make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.
- NDP leader Thomas Mulcair is doubling down on his comments about oil and the west. It's typical socialist claptrap. Instead of encouraging the ’have not’ provinces to do better, drag the ’have’ provinces down to their level.