Cornwall - Mar. 2, 2011 - Each year, the City of Cornwall plans to undertake a number of street and sidewalk projects, and 2011 is no exception.
City officials have assembled a proposed list of road and sidewalk projects to be completed this year, and they'll be opening their doors on March 10 to discuss the projects and answer questions from the public.
The preliminary list - which can be seen below - is subject to City Council approval and budget limitations.
The open house information session will run from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the public works office at 1225 Ontario Street.
The list of planned projects includes:
Asphalt Milling / Removal and Paving or Asphalt Overlay
- Laflin Street from Alguire Avenue to 90m West of Donald Avenue
- Oran Avenue from Laflin Avenue to Vincent Massey Drive
- Fourteenth Street West from Alfred Street to 120m East of Alfred Street
- Lisieux Street from Thirteenth Street West to Fifteenth Street West
- Yates Avenue from Third Street West to Fourth Street West
- Eva Avenue from Emma Avenue to Benny Avenue
- Lee Street from Newark Avenue to Thirteenth Street
- Adolphus Street from Water Street to First Street
- Adolphus Street from Second to Third Street
- Gerald Street from St. Antoine Street to South Limits
- Marleau Avenue from Nick Kaneb Drive to Campbell Street
- Eleventh Street East from McConnell Avenue to Carleton Street
- Princess Street from Pescod Avenue to Westmooreland Avenue
Concrete Work and Asphalt Paving
- Grant Avenue from Riverdale to East Limit
- Bedford Street from Second Street West to Third Street
- Joyce Street from Oak Crescent to Riverdale Avenue
- Oak Crescent from Charles Street to Joyce Street
- Pescod Avenue from Queen Street to Dover Road
- Fatima Street from Twelfth Street West to Thirteenth Street West
- Notre Dame Street from Twelfth Street West to Thirteenth Street West
- Ellen Avenue from Benny Avenue to 250m West of Benny Avenue
- Newark Avenue from Thirteenth Street West to Fourteenth Street West
- Fourteenth Street West from Newark Avenue to Aubin Avenue
- Kirkwood Street from Lynwood Drive North to Lynwood Drive South
- Holy Cross Boulevard from Anthony Street to Hamilton Crescent
- Second Street West from Brookdale Avenue to the Water Filtration Plant
- Fennell Crescent from 50m North of Robert Street to 40m North of Twelfth Street
- Shirley Avenue from Osbourne Avenue to Queen Street
New Concrete Sidewalk Construction
- Thirteenth Street West from Brookdale Avenue to Cumberland Street
- Lasalle Road from Alice Street to Guy Street
- Guy Street from Lasalle Road to St. Felix Street
8,371 Stories & Growing Daily...
To date OurHometown.ca has posted a total of 8,371 stories! News, sports, hockey, lifestyle, opinion and more!