Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll said Tuesday he is OK to participate in training camp after having a seizure earlier this summer. The former Edmonton Oiler was hospitalized after having a seizure at his home on July 3rd, 2013. A cause has not been publicly disclosed.
Los Angeles - September 4, 2013 - Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll said Tuesday he is OK to participate in training camp after having a seizure in early July.
"I feel fine. I feel a hundred percent. That's not an issue," Stoll told LA Kings Insider. "I think it's more of an issue if people talk about it, and it's just one of those things that happened that I wish didn't, but it did.
"I'm just moving on looking forward to the start of the season. Medically cleared, all those things, had great doctors take care of me in terms of getting ready for camp and being cleared for play. So that's all taken care of."
Stoll was hospitalized after having the seizure at home on July 3. A cause has not been publicly disclosed.
Stoll missed six games in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a concussion he sustained on a hit by San Jose Sharks forward Raffi Torres in Game 1 of the Western Conference Semifinals. Stoll returned for Game 1 of the Western Conference Final against the Chicago Blackhawks and played all five games in that series.
The Kings open training camp Sept. 12.
"I think just [looking forward to] getting in that game shape, getting in that flow," Stoll told the website. "Playing games too; getting into some exhibition games, which will be huge. I wish the start of the season was here already. It's one of those feelings that I think everybody's feeling, and we're all excited and pumped up. We have a great team, like I said, again. So you can't wait to start camp and get on the ice and do our hard, tough skates at the end. That all builds a lot of character, builds a lot of things within your team …"
3,453 Stories & Growing Daily...
To date HometownHockey.ca has posted a total of 3,453 hockey stories!